Search This Blog

Monday 16 September 2013

Now you know what we did this summer!

What a summer we had! The weather, GREAT! The idea of being a travelling family in the south of the country, WONDERFUL! All the events we planned to attend, INCREDIBLE! The reality...CRUSHING!
To be totally honest, this summer almost finished us off. We booked up several events (lots of money going out) online events took a dive as we couldn't manage to keep up the momentum AND live this dream summer. People attending the events seemed to find it hard to part with their pennies on the whole. So...not much money coming in all round, leaving us feeling very bruised and down hearted. Add to that the joke of a delivery service from Royal Mail, we did wonder about packing the whole lot up and selling our stock. Heart breaking! 

That said, it hasn't been all bad. We got great feedback about our jewellery making and badge making on the stall. Lots of people seemed to love that and because we do it for low prices, we didn't make our fortune. Would I change it though? No, probably not because we do love to see people enjoying craft.  The boys enjoyed their holiday time, absolutely loved it. I was so sad when we had to face reality and stop. We just couldn't afford it in the end.  

Running your own business is a real roller coaster of a ride. We are still pretty green and learning a lot as we go along. I don't mind admitting we made some bad decisions.     

Now we are settling into a new season. The nights are drawing in, there is a chill in the air and rain on the window. I don't feel glum though. I am feeling very positive about our new website and getting back in touch with my customers and fellow businesses on facebook and all around. It's not so bad to cosy up and batten down the hatches when I have such warmth coming from my laptop and all the lovely people inside it!

                            Take a look at our new website! 
                                                             BEADYSMYTH.COM

Talking of lovely people. I have to say I do owe a GREAT BIG thank you to all those who have supported us and stood by us when things have been so tough. From my friends I see in the flesh, ever smiling with a warm cup of tea for me, despite my varying moods and storms over-spilling. Thank you. Thank you from my heart. To those who chat to me on facebook, we have never met but, you are there and treat me like an old friend and always come out like a little army if anyone offends the Beadysmyth name! You amaze me and I feel so blessed to have you by my side. 

So, there you have it. We are human. We make mistakes, we battle on. 

We have big ideas for the future and would love it if you came along! 

Kath, Tim and the Beadysmyth team x      

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving a comment on my Beady Blog!